Screencastify is the easiest way to record, edit, and share videos with your students. Simply add the extension into your chrome browser, hit record, and begin your presentation. You can also imbed your webcam if you would like to record yourself over your presentation. This software is also completely free to use!
Why We Love It
- Free to use
- Creates quality recordings
- Students can consume content on their schedule
- Great for re-watching lectures
How to Use It
Once downloaded, follow these simple steps to get started!
- Click the Screencastify extension icon (if you can’t see the icon, click here)
- Choose what you want to record: your browser tab, entire desktop, or webcam
- To narrate over your recording using an internal or external microphone, turn on the toggle next to Microphone
- To capture the audio originating from within your browser tab or application (e.g. from a video being played), click “Show more options” and turn on Tab Audio or System Audio
- Turn on the toggle next to Embed Webcam if you want to include your webcam as part of your recording
- Click RECORD. You’ll see and hear a countdown, and then your recording will begin